Sertoma Hearing Aid Recycling Program
Did You Know...
- SHARP is the only program in Oklahoma available to people under age 60 who are classified as disabled.
- Medicare does not cover hearing aids.
- Many elderly individuals with hearing loss have limited incomes and receive no financial assistance to obtain a hearing aid.
- Used hearing aids donated to the SHARP program are income tax deductible.
SHARP is a collaborative non-profit program funded by Sertoma civic clubs, and administered by TSHA. SHARP accepts donations of used hearing aids. These hearing aids are recycled to provide hearing aids to qualified low-income people living in Oklahoma and a few counties in Kansas for a one-time fee.
How Can You Help??
- Donate any hearing aid, regardless of condition. Encourage others to donate too.
- Make a monetary donation to the SHARP fund.
- Share information about SHARP with low-income people.
- Get your Sertoma Club involved in sponsoring the SHARP program
- Contact Sertoma for more information or to become a member.