TSHA is constantly updating our resources page for our deaf and hard of hearing community. If you’re in need of something specific please message Diana Emerson at email@example.com
- Do you suspect your baby has a hearing loss?
- An unexpected trip to Holland. A must read for all family members of a child with disabilities.
- TSHA has compiled a list of schools that offer programs for deaf or hard of hearing children.
- If you are a veteran or of Indian descent, you may qualify for a hearing aid through the Veteran’s Administration or through your tribal agency.
- SHARP assists adults or children who do not qualify for other programs by offering one behind-the-ear, recycled hearing aids per individual. View our page: SHARP (TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO FUNDING.)
- Department of Rehabilitation Services – Provides two hearing aids per qualified child. This resource is only available if the child is unable to obtain hearing aids through Medicaid or private insurance. Information and/or applications are available at the Oklahoma School for the Deaf Student Assessment Center. Call them at 580.622.4938 or 1.866.309.1717. Your child DOES NOT need to be a student at the Oklahoma School for the Deaf to qualify.
- Insurance won’t cover your child’s hearing aids, and your child does not qualify for Medicaid? TSHA has a service CHAP (Children’s Hearing Aid Project), may be able to assist. Click here to learn more.
- Do you have a hearing loss?
DeafBlind Resources in Oklahoma + Beyond:
OKLAHOMA DRS DB
GENERAL LIONS CLUB
TULSA DOWNTOWN LIONS CLUB
I CAN CONNECT
BROCHURE FOR OU TECH EQUIPMENT