Job Title: Full-time Receptionist/Program Assistant
Program Area: Community Resources/Deaf Services
Reports To: Community Relations Manager
Responsible for answering phones, receiving office visitors, providing clerical and program support for the Community Relations Manager; and, as needed, program support for Deaf Services Specialist and the Executive Director.
1. Answer incoming calls and forward to the appropriate party, and handle routine inquiries.
2. Greet and route visitors to appropriate staff, and assist visitors.
3. Type, create and proof correspondence, reports, flyers, newsletters, mail outs, etc.
4. Log incoming funds.
5. Maintain database for membership, contacts, etc.
6. Process outgoing and incoming mail.
7. Provide program support for Community Resources and Deaf Services.
8. Assist in training and overseeing volunteers.
9. Bulk mail outs of newsletters, flyers, etc.
10. File documentation/information and process consumers’ files.
11. Assist in arranging coverage for front desk.
12. Notarize company documents.
Pleasant phone manner and front desk personality with professional appearance and demeanor.
Basic conversational sign skills.
Ability to handle and organize multiple tasks.
Strong English skills, both verbal and written.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience with Microsoft Windows programs: Outlook, Word, Publisher and Access.
Fluency with sign language and knowledge of deaf culture.
Some college preferred.
Send resume or make application, attention Diana Higgins by August 14, 2014.
TSHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TSHA will not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or preference, physical appearance, creed, marital status or any other classification prohibited by law.