Do you know that:
◊ Hearing loss is America’s #1 physical disability?
◊ More than 1/3 of the United States has a significant hearing loss by age 65, and the percentage grows dramatically with each advancing year?
◊ Many elderly with hearing loss have limited incomes, and receive no financial assistance to obtain a hearing aid?
◊ Used hearing aids donated to the SHARP program are income tax deductible?
Sertoma Hearing Aid Recycling Program (SHARP)
◊ Is a non-profit program funded by Sertoma civic clubs.
◊ Accepts donations of used hearing aids.
◊ provides hearing aids to qualified low-income people for a one-time fee.
You can help by:
◊ Donating any hearing aid, regardless of condition.
◊ Making a donation to the SHARP fund.
◊ Getting your Sertoma Club involved in sponsoring the SHARP Program.
◊ Sharing information about SHARP with low-income people.
If you are an audiologist and is interested in participating with the SHARP program,
Contact Diana Emerson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918.832.8742.
How to apply for the SHARP Program:
1. Contact SHARP through TSHA
2. Have your hearing tested by an audiologist. The cost of this test is not covered by SHARP.
3. Attach a copy of your hearing test to the completed application and send it to SHARP. Be sure to include the one-time fee.
4. You will be notified by mail as to the status of your application. If you do not qualify for SHARP, your fee will be returned.
5. If approved, you will be referred to a participating SHARP audiologist for fitting with a reconditioned hearing aid.
6. Follow-up visits are provided as needed.
Sponsored by: Oklahoma District, Sertoma, Inc.