Hard of hearing
The Children’s hearing Aid Project (CHAP) provides assistance to families needing to purchase hearing aids for their child.
There are many devices that have changed the life of many with hearing loss. Is there something that can improve where you are?
Identifying services for you
- Do you have a hearing loss?
- Do you miss words or phrases in spoken words?
- Do you have trouble using a telephone?
- Do you have to increase the volume to hear the TV?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it could be a good time to make an appointment with us. Our staff has first-hand experience with hearing loss and can assist with appropriate technology and advice.
Our staff can help define your needs and refer you to an audiologist for a hearing test or recommend equipment for you at a low cost.
What our staff can assist you with
- Consultation sessions to understand your hearing loss, including degree of loss and specific problems in the individual areas of hearing.
- Appropriate assistive equipment for your home or workplace.
- Different types of loan equipment may be borrowed for a set period of time
- Presentations and information packets for groups to expand their knowledge of hearing loss and the means for improvement.
- Referrals to obtain the assistance of an appropriate professional as needed.
- Want to know about dates or times of social events such as Silent Dinner, Children’s Holiday Party, or Deaf Awareness Week?
- Want to take sign language class?
- Need advice on hearing aids?
- Have a question about interpreters?