Financial support is key to TSHA’s success with 90 cents of every dollar going directly to client services. Your donation enables staff to provide thousands of hours of service annually to individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or affected by hearing loss.
Whether you choose to make a one-time gift or lend your support through a monthly commitment, the dollars you give will help TSHA continue these services and allow staff to meet the need of so many.
Your donation will be used in a variety of ways:
- Sponsor a deaf or hard of hearing child to attend TSHA’s week long summer camp. When you are deaf or have a hearing loss it is hard to experience summer camp like other kids because you can’t communicate with them. TSHA offers a summer camp filled with exciting, fun and educational activities. Most importantly, there are other kids attending camp just like them with some wearing hearing aids and others signing. The kids fit in and don’t have to explain why they can’t hear. They get to be kids for the week and develop lifelong friends.
- Support TSHA’s Children’s Holiday Party to help keep this event free for the kids and their families. Most children can go into any mall and tell Santa what they want for Christmas. For children who are deaf, hard of hearing, speech impaired and/or use sign language to communicate, this is more difficult. TSHA’s Holiday Party is a place children can come and sign to a Deaf Santa what they want. If they are a sibling and don’t sign, Mrs. Claus who is an interpreter, can interpret for them. Each child leaves with a stocking filled overflowing with toys. How can you help?
- Sponsor a craft or game station.
- Purchase packaged cookies.
- Give a monetary gift to help keep this event free for the kids.
- Provide a craft table or game.